Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Friday, December 21, 2012

Helene Huber: Gift Tag

We are a family of readers so books are definitely wrapped and under our Christmas tree.  I've been busy making gift cards and tags with Rogue Redhead Designs' Relish Reading stamp plate.


This particular tag is for my hubby.  I used the one layer concept but created some depth as follows:

foam application of Ranger Iced Spruce Distress Ink to manila tag
Boy stamped, cut out and placed on tag as mask
Almanac background stamped onto tag with Sepia Archival Ink
Mask removed and boy stamped into place with Coffee Archival Ink
Books and sentiment stamped onto tag on top of almanac background with Coffee Archival Ink.  I enhanced the books with a little distress marker.
Edge cut and embossed with Stampin' Up Sissix edgelit set, then highlighted with Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Marker.  This created a nice layered effect yet it still is only one layer.
Edges of tag edged with Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink

I found a little bit of raffia on my craft table that I added to complete the tag. 

Have you played with the one layer technique? Check out the current Rebel challenge.

I hope you are enjoying the holidays!!!  Helene

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful gift tag! Perfect for bibliofiles like me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the tag! My family are big readers as well. This is my favorite stamp set from Rogue Redhead! I hope you do more vintage stamps in the future. Thank you for the tutorial. Happy Holidays!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...