Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Friday, January 25, 2013

Helene Huber: Sympathy TImes Three

Today I used the same image, from the Relish Reading stamp plate, on three different cards.

I needed to make these cards to express our sympathy for the loss of an elderly gentleman who happened to be a local newspaper publisher.  I chose this image because it reminded me of a young man venturing out into the world with his newspaper tucked under his arm.  I also used the op ed piece about him from the local paper for my script background mat and tab. I thought that personalized the cards, rather than use generic script.  
  

The first card utilizes Spellbinders Nestabilities, Lasting Impressions patterned paper and Kaiser Craft pearls.  The next two cards use Graphic 45 patterned papers, Tim Holtz tissues tape, brads and twine from stash.  

The image is stamped with coffee Archival ink.  You'll see Ranger Tea Dye and Vintage Photo inks on the last card.

I hope you have time to make some cards this weekend.  Helene

2 comments:

  1. The image is perfect for your sympathy cards! I love the vintage feel of the image! Wonderful for a Masculine card! Love each one!!
    Hugs!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know when an image is going to be just perfect--definitely this stamp's turn, these are very fine, Helene!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...