Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Simple Set Sunday: Rogue in the Round

One thing I love about being part of the stamping and papercraft community is the amazing amount of inspiration, knowledge and fabulous techniques that are shared amongst the group.  Today, I have a simple set inspired by Cathy of A Surcee Life who wowed me with a Rogue wreath for our One-Layer Holiday card challenge using her new Inkadinkado Stamping Gear!  Check out Cathy's post to see how she put her creation together!

Of course, as soon as I saw Cathy's great card and informative tutorial, I just had to have a Stamping Gear of my very own!  Mine arrived a few days ago and I immediately put it to use.

I'll be using the largest circle for today's cards with 5.5" x 5.5" card bases cut from vanilla cardstock and the largest of the Stamping Gear circular wheels.



For my first card, I wanted to keep it simple.  I decided on the theme of thanks as I have a lot of Thank You cards to put together after the holidays!  I turned to my Nature Notes set and the small flourish. 


The lovely gear wheel has markings to help guide you with each stamp project.  Once lined up, I stamped my flourish every fourth gear slot (or every other triangle-marked slot).  I continued around the circle. 



To fill in my lovely circle, I turned the flourish a quarter turn on the stamp paddle and stamped alternate triangle-marked slots.



To complete the card, I punched out a scalloped circle from coordinating paper and stamped the "Thank You" sentiment on it.  To make it stand out a bit more, I attached the circle to the card with a pop dot.

Stamps: Thank You and flourish from Nature Notes (Rogue Redhead Designs)

The next card I made, I decided to try two colors and make a Valentine.  I used a soft pink and a slightly stronger pink ink for this one.  I started out in the same manner as the previous card, stamping every other triangle-marked slot with the rose inked with light pink. For the image, I picked one of the roses from the Floriculture set.

I then created two simple masks from a repositionable note and placing them over two adjacent light pink roses.  I then inked the rose with darker pink and, leapfroging the masks as I went, stamped in-between each of the light pink roses creating a full rose wreath.




To end off, I used a waterbrush to pick up the coordinating inks and fill in the roses with a light wash of color.  I used another punched scalloped circle for the "Love You" message that I attached to the card, again using a pop dot.

Stamps: Rose from Floriculture and sentiment from Snow Hugs (Rogue Redhead Designs)


For the final card, I stamped the Sun from Florculture with yellow ink at the first slot.  Without reinking, I moved over 3 slots and stamped again for a slightly lighter impression.  I reinked, moved over another 3 slots and repeated the process.  I added a layered Prima flower to finish off the circle and added the "Je t'aime" sentiment to complete a sunnier Valentine which is destined for my Mom's mailbox.

Stamps: Sun and sentiment from Floriculture (Rogue Redhead Designs)

So that's Rogue in the Round!  Hope you enjoyed my simple set today!

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...