Plate of the Month

Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Colleen Oxford: Background Treats

Hey everyone :)
Love, Flowers and Chocolates are in the air
and I have a special treat for you.

I live in a house FULL of testosterone and try to sneak pinks in everywhere.  Which was my intent when making their Valentine treats, but Antique is where my heart led me.  So without further ado...

Stamps: Handwriting background and Kids swinging from Behind the Scenes and Reading Relish

I'm going to share my process:
I started with cello bags from Stampin' Up - 5in x 11 1/2in.
I put about 5-6 pieces of chocolates in each

I then cut SU's Baroque Blue cardstock into a 5 x 11 piece and scored as shown.

I stamped the Handwriting background from RRD's newest set Behind the Scenes all over using the stamping off technique also to give some depth. Then I smudged all around the edges, remembering to smudge the bottom of the front.

I cut out an oval close to the edge of the bottom using Creative Memories cutting system.

I Love these two, such a cute stamp from Reading Relish.  I stamped the image onto canvas badges from Close to my Heart, and inked around the edges. Fold the bags down and staple closed.

Finally adding pearls and lace from SU as the finishing touches.



I hope everyone has a great (and Loving) Valentine's Day
XOXO









5 comments:

  1. Colleen, these are charming! I'm thinking wedding favors . . .

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, these are perfect!!! love love them- I want to make some now! Debi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...