Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Monday, February 18, 2013

Barbara Washington: Love Notes

 This month's Challenge is to create 3x3 inch love notes. These are so much fun to make that I couldn't stop at just one. My first card was a bit of an experiment. All of the stamps I used are from Beach Babes. I used broken china distress paint for the background and then stamped the background stamp using water into the paint. Since distress paint reacts to water while still wet, I got an image. I then stamped over the background using a darker ink. I stamped the boat and colored it with distress markers. I used the out of the Nestie technique to cut it out and added a border. I stamped the sentiment in the top corner with archival ink. For fun I added some bling bubbles.
My second card is somewhat CAS. I cut a heart out of my front panel and layered it over the hand written music stamp from Behind the Scenes. The flower and sentiment are from Floriculture.
There's still plenty of time to join the challenge fun. These cards are addictive.

2 comments:

  1. both cards are lovely, my favourite being the one with the saling ship

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...