Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sharon Briss: CAS Cats Two Ways

Using the same basic premise, I created two different but similar cards with some simple masking.

I started with a vague notion of a cat sitting on a wall, so I stamped my fav cat from the Just Sayin' plate onto the card with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and then masked off the cat and a section of card to become "the wall".  Once I had the section masked off, I sponged on some Antique Linen distress ink (Ranger).   Over that I stamped my sequin waste background from Behind the Scenes with the same ink.  I finished with my handwritten music background from the same collection, stamped using Vintage Photo distress ink.


Once this strip was completed, I removed the masks and colored the cat in with copic markers.  I stamped the sentiment, "Did You Hear" also from the Just Sayin' plate with Tuxedo Black Memento ink. 


Stamps: cat and sentiment from Just Sayin'; sequin waste and
handwritten music background from Behind the Scenes (Rogue Redhead Designs)


Don't ya love how his little tail dips into the "wall" of ink ever so slightly.

On the next card, I wanted to give the cat a different look so I stamped him on some cool textured patterned paper and paper pieced the image.  For the band of color, I sponged with Spun Sugar Distress ink and then overstamped the bubble wrap background from Behind the Scenes.  I then switched to Victorian Velvet distress ink and stamped the Handwriting background, also from Behind the Scenes, onto the color strip.  I added a little more color by adding some sponging Victorian Velvet along the masking line for some depth.  To finish, I added the layered flower and stamped the sentiment, Miss You from Relish Reading, onto the color band.
 
Stamps: cat and sentiment from Just Sayin'; sequin waste and
handwritten music background from Behind the Scenes (Rogue Redhead Designs)
I love this easy format and the quick way these cards went together.  While exactly the same design, I think they both have their own personality!

Behind the Scenes is a versatile collection that will quickly become one of your go-to sets.  As you see with the two cards above, it's already become one of mine!  I love the different ways you can layer the various backgrounds to create fabulous effects!  Behind the Scenes will be on sale for its introductory price of $17.60 only until the end of March!

Don't forget!  There's only a one day left to take advantage of the old postage rates.  As of February 15th, all our postal rates will reflect the changes implemented by the USPS in late January.

3 comments:

  1. 2 great cards, love how you've done the combined stamping and masking, debi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Debi--nice combo of stamping and masking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CAS cards. Good job on the masking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...