Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Simple Set Saturday: Pattern and Texture

I am always finding myself with too many scraps of designer paper and not enough Thank You cards.  My project today will solve both my problems.  You will not believe how quick these simple cards will go together.  Once I finished this set, I realized these would also make great hostess gifts! 


All you need to get going is some designer paper with a subtle pattern, a couple Cuttlebug folders and a simple image and sentiment.


First, I trimmed down my patterned paper to 5.0" x 3.75" and ran each piece through the Cuttlebug with a folder with a distinctive pattern.  I then used a coordinating Distress Ink and dragged the ink part over my dry embossed paper to highlight the pattern.


Next, I stamped the flower silhouette from Nature Notes using the same coordinating Distress ink.  On a separate piece of white cardstock, I stamped the sentiment, also from Nature Notes, and creating an oval shape using my Creative Memories oval cutters.  I matted image, sentiment and embossed panel in black using a 1/8" border.


Hope you liked these simple notes!  Share your makes if you try it out!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful set of thank you cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embossing folder backgrounds. What a great idea for a hostess set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shar, these little cards are just beautiful.....XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever use of scraps and trimmings, Sharon. Coordinating inks with background colors creates lovely results. Happy stamping, Annette ":O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful cards and I am smiling over here cuz I have been doing so much painting...I got away from using my papers and was thinking the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely grouping of "Thank You" cards! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are gorgeous and are a great example. i need to make a batch of these myself. thanks for the inspiration. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...