Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Simple Set Saturday: Tempus Embossus

Today's card is beyond easy!  I've used two types of embossing, dry and heat, to make some very simple cards.



To make this quicky set of note cards, you need 3 pieces of white cardstock and 2 pieces of black cardstock, 1 piece of glossy cardstock, an embossing folder (I used my Cuttlebug), clear embossing powder, a heating tool and a variety of distress inks.  Most of these things are already in my collection of crafty supplies.


I started by cutting the glossy cardstock into quarters.  I only need two quarters for this set so I can reserve the other two quarters for other fun projects!  I stamped my clock face from This N That several times over the individual quarters with Versamark, making sure not to overlap any of the images.  I then covered the panel with clear embossing powder and heat embossed both panels.


The next step was to pick out some distress inks.  I used four to five on each panel.  I started with my lightest and brightest distress ink and sponged it onto the card in three or four random spots.  I continued to fill in the white areas in patches, moving from lightest to darkest inks.  I finished off by adding a little more of my lightest color over the whole panel and spritzing the panel with water for a more "fluid" look - sorry, couldn't resist the pun.


I set my panels aside to set a bit.  To make the bases, I cut two of the pieces of white cardstock in half, 5.5" x 8.5".  I folded these in half.  For the larger black mat, I cut 4 panels of 5.25" x 4.00" from one of the pieces of black cardstock. 

Next I cut 4 panels of white cardstock from the last piece of white.  These measured 5.00" x 3.75".  I then went back to my inked panels and cut these down to 3.5" x 2.0".  Finally, the last set of 4 black mats were cut 3.75" x 2.25".


To give the cards more dimension when I assembled the matted panels, I added pop dots to the back of the matted inked panels.  I liked the extra shadow and depth that it gave the cards.

Obviously, this beyond simple set could be made with any single stamp and any embossing folder.  The variations are literally endless.

Liked the vintage clock face?  Check out the other images on our new This N That plate!  It's currently on sale for $12.00 until May 30, 2013!  We have a ton of specials and bundles on right now so don't miss any of the great bargains!

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! And gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful results--and yes, I DO like that clock face!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful CAS cards, love the clock in this set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious delicate colour blending on the panels - great cards!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...