Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Friday, June 7, 2013

Helene Huber: Beach Tag

This is Rogue Redhead stamps meets Ranger  products.   You may recognize some of the tag techniques and the basic design found this June on the internet (should I mention the initials TH?).  I, of course, added my own twist with the sandy shore and the use of RRD stamps.



I stamped the girl, shell, and sentiment on canvas paper with Coffee Archival Ink.  I colored with Ranger Distress Markers and a water pen.  All images are from the Beach Babes stamp plate as is the sand background stamp below.



I've tried many techniques to create sand and I really like the look of this one.  I used my new Ranger Emboss It dabber directly onto the sand background stamp; after stamping, I heat set Ranger antique linen distress embossing powder.  I think it really looks like wet sand at the beach and it really brings out the sand design of this stamp.



The tag itself is the swipe, spritz, and swish method of covering a tag with distress paint, distress ink pad, and distress stain.  To create more of a feeling of water and sky at the top of the tag, I stamped the handwritten music sheet background stamp with Ranger distress ink in Tumbled Glass.  I chose this stamp from the Behind the Scenes plate, because the girl is hearing the sounds of the sea (music) coming from inside the seashell. 

Have you checked out the fabulous spring sale on all Rogue Redhead stamps? 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag, Helene! Love the backgroun sand technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The distressed embossing really does look like sand, the whole tag came together beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag Helene! I love how you did your background! Fabby colors and the little girl stamp is just darling...love the sentiment too. The bow in her hair is a great touch!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the distressed embossing, works perfectly and love the little bow in her hair, Annette x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...