Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Monday, July 22, 2013

Barbara Washington: A Little Sketchy or Two

Our current rebel challenge is "Get Sketchy", so I spent a few hours playing with the sketch. Here's what I came up with. I can't wait to see what you create.

As I started to work, I had two ideas in mind for my card. Since I couldn't decide which way I wanted to go, I decided to try both ways. Although both cards followed the same sketch, I think the results are really different.







My first card used stamps from the Floriculture stamp sheet for the focal image. The background was cut from Graphics45 designer paper.  It was an easy card to make. I think the floral image really stands out against the floral background.

My second card follows the same sketch. This time I used an image from This 'n That for my main image. I masked her and stamped the handwriting background stamp (Behind the Scenes) behind her. For my background, I stamped the bubblewrap background (Behind the Scenes) with embossing ink and then embossed it using a clear embossing powder.  I masked the sections and brayered distress stain in each section. The result is a grungy, textured effect.  I really like the look.

4 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...