Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Simple Set Saturday: Tissue Tape Trio

I don't know about where you are, but here in Massachusetts it is too hot to ...well...it's almost too hot to breathe.  Redheads, at least in my family, are not made for the heat, the sun....summer in general.  My craft studio is on our top floor - yup, I know that was a mistake - so I have made a really, really, really quick set of cards today.  This set is great if you have to whip something up at the last minute, especially if you need a masculine card in a hurry.


To start off, I created a simple white cardstock base of traditional size ie 4.25" x 5.5" folded.  A little while ago, I caved and bought some of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Elements Tissue Tape.  Boy, does it come in handy for quicky cards! 


I lined up my card base on my completely essential mat board with its fabby 1/4" grid.  I love working with tape as you can stick it right down to the mat too to hold it in place.  I laid the first strip down 1/4" into my card.  I then lined up the next strip, 1/4" from the right edge of the first and, finally, laid down my last strip 1/2" away from that.  I wanted to vary the spacing a little but still keep a look of intention in the placement.


When I was satisfied with my layout and agonizing over which tissue tape to put where, I opened up the card and trimmed the excess from the edge.

To finish off, I just cut a white cardstock oval, stamped a sentiment on it and matted it with black.  Pretty simple, right?  Simple and quick aka goes together quick enough to avoid me melting into a puddle of redhead in my studio.  What do you think?

Stamp: sentiment from This N That (Rogue Redhead Designs)

I made two more, varying positioning and tapes.  Three cards in about 10 minutes!

Stamp: sentiment from This N That (Rogue Redhead Designs)

The last one, I had a little fun with as I had kind of felt like I was having a "YOLO" moment all morning.

Stamp: sentiment from This N That (Rogue Redhead Designs)

That's it for Simple Set Saturday on this gorgeous yet blazing hot July day!

4 comments:

  1. Your quick cards look great Shar, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love tissue tape - and it looks so effective here... great cards!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super CAS card set! Love the washi tape backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...