Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Sharon Briss: Totally Beachy

As the bright Summer sun starts to fade into the more muted tones of the September skies, I am trying to hold onto those last days of perfect beach weather.


 For these cards, I used a simple ink-a-licious combo!  I started by inking up my craft sheet with distress ink and then misting it.  After smooching my glossy paper through the distress ink and letting it dry, I got out my alcohol inks and pounced 3 to 4 colors around the edges of my panels. Before calling it day with my inky-goodness, I splashed around some alcohol blending solution and let that work its magic.

Stamps: Beach Babes and sentiment from
Beach Babes plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)

Once dry, I stamped my Beach Babes onto the panels with StazOn.  I kept the cards themselves rather plain.  Although my camera bleached them out a bit, the card base is a lovely butter yellow. that matches the center of the image panel.  I framed the images in black to tie-in with the Jet Black StazOn.  I then added a simple sentiment to each.

Stamps: Beach Lass and sentiment from
Beach Babes plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
If you liked these cards, don't forget to check out the Beach Babes plate with all its fabulous vintage images so yo can create your own seascapes and daydreams :)

6 comments:

  1. I know there's a time difference but wow, you have september skies already!!??!! Life's too short to be wishing weeks away, even if it is only lyrical musings. I love your inkyness on these cards. The images are great and fit so well with your backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards, love all the inkiness! I have been thinking fall colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing display of inkin! I love the water color design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the explanation. this is gorgeous. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely brilliant effects with the inks, Sharon. Love the combination of Distress and alcohol, and the burnished golden sepia is perfect for the nostalgic stamp designs. Big WOW from me!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...