Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Monday, September 2, 2013

Sharon Briss: Sometimes You Just Have to YOLO It!

Happy Labor Day all!

I love to make gal pal cards.  You know the ones...those just because messages or those "I totally get it" notes.  Today, I made one for a friend who is trying out something absolutely fun and completely new to her.  I thought the YOLO sentiment (You Only Live Once) from This N That would be the perfect phrase for her situation!


I created the backrgound for the image by dragging some glossy paper through misted distress inks and then using my fabulous Adirondack alcohol inks to pounce a partial polished marble design around the edges.  I then flicked some blending solution over the whole thing to give it a bit more interest in the marbling and a bit more variation in the distress ink.

After letting the whole thing dry, I stamped YOLO in the open bit of the panel with Jet Black StazOn ink.  I cut the phrase out with my oval cutter and matted it with black.

For the base of the card, I went really simple.  I picked a red from the pattern and used that as my card base.  I matted a white panel in black and added some fabric tape across the bottom for more color and texture.  Lovin' the fabric tape by the way.  It's been sitting in my drawer for way too long.  Time to hunt up the teal roll I have of the same stuff!

Stamp: YOLO from This N That

All put together, it makes a nice simple card with lots of color and pop! 

To see the other similar card I made using the same idea, come on over to my blog, Ill Tempered Ink!

Hope your Labor Day is filled with nothing but leisure!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card! Love the background you created.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...