Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Friday, November 8, 2013

Krisha's Getting Inky Tag



Hello FRIDAY!! Yep, it is me again and this week I have a rather fun-to-do tag to share.


I started with a water color tag, for strength, but really had no direction of where I was going to go with this tag..  I did glue a patterned paper to it, but it kinda got lost oncest I really got started. From there I just kind-a threw stuff at it, and what stuck I used!!  LOL I used stamps from the Rogue Redhead Designs RRD 012: Behind the Scenes , using Timber StazOn ink.  The sentiment is from RRD013 This N That plate.  The die cuts were a gift from Carole, a blog buddy. The middle medallion I used Pearl Ex on the middle, and touched the outer edges with while acrylic paint.  For a little "bling" I added a rhinestone to the middle and to each corner.

I wanted the sentiment to be some sort of tag thingy, but didn't want it to cover the middle medallion, so I swung it to the side and glued it in place, then it gave me the opportunity to add a fuzzy fiber and some wooden beads, colored with inks.

So what stuck?
modeling paste, using zig-zag stencil
Gesso
Gelatoes
homemade spritz and sprays
Pearl Ex
StazOn timber ink
White acrylic paint

When ever I am doing a mixed media piece I ALWAYS get out the Redhead Designs RRD 012: Behind the Scenes  stamps.  They are just the most versatile set of stamps I own.  If you like to do mixed media cards, tags, ATCs and journal pages, this set is a must have.
(No I don't get kick backs for this, or own stock in this company.  I just LOVE these stamps

4 comments:

  1. wow!! just LOVE all the texture Krisha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic tag, Krisha! Love all of the textures and beads.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...