Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Friday, January 24, 2014

Helene: Christmas Paper Piecing with Relish Reading

Our new Holiday Inspiration Club has me thinking about all the wonderful things I can make ahead of time with my favorite RRD stamps.

You know I do a lot of fussy cutting so our latest Rebel challenge to show some paper piecing was calling my name.


For my patterned papers, I chose the Nontraditional Christmas digital collage sheets from My Artistic Adventures Etsy.  These included the BINGO card for my base and the tree.

The image of the woman reading in the chair is from RRD Relish Reading plate.  I stamped her on beige card and then again several times on the patterns.  After fussing cutting the chair, skirt and pillow, I pieced them all together.

I found a scrap of felt trim to anchor the chair and tree to the "floor".  Hero Arts turquoise gems on the tree, Stampin' Up snow flury die for the snowflake and an antique bingo card cover/button from my stash complete the card.  I used Ranger distress markers to edge the papers and tried to alter the red to pink on the bingo piece.

I love the nontraditional pink and turquoise colors with the vintage image.  I hope you do too.

I can't wait to see what you make for the Rebel challenge!  If you link up by  February 2, you will be in the running for a $15 US voucher to the Rogue Redhead Store.   Til then, Helene

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Helene! Love all of the different details and elements. The paper piecing is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great mix of colours and patterns on your card Helene and I love the reading theme for Christmas.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - the chair looks amazing! Great card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...