Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Holiday Inspiration Club: Tree-Mendous

So we are back again with some ideas to get your Winter Holiday cards for 2014 ready and set to go well before December arrives! 

If you play along even with just 2 or 3 cards per month, you would have between 20 and 30 unique items by the end of November!

This month, we are giving you the prompt: Tree-Mendous! 





You can make anything you want - card, tag, bookmarks, ATCs, etc - as long as you include trees in your creation.

Here are some ideas to get you going! 

To start off, you can make your tree the focus of your card as I did with this card.  I added a little visual dimension to the main image by stamping my handwritten music background in a lighter color over the image, the Christmas Tree from Christmas Cheer.

Stamps: Christmas Tree from Christmas Cheer
and Handwritten Music from Behind the Scenes (Rogue Redhead Designs)

You can also use your tree as a repeating element in a Clean and Simple card.  This particular card is extremely simple and involves a little masking and some sponging.  I stamped the Christmas Tree in black ink and then sponged rectangles of color around the image. 

Stamps: Christmas Tree from Christmas Cheer  (Rogue Redhead Designs)

For my next card, I used designer paper which featured trees in its pattern.  I added the Precious Pair from Christmas Cheer as my stamped element along with a banner sentiment from A Winter's Tale from my Beatrix Potter set.

Stamps: Precious Pair from Christmas Cheer
and sentiment from Beatrix Potter's A Winter's Tale (Rogue Redhead Designs)

Wanting another one-layer that was not quite so simple, I again turned to my Christmas Tree and stamped it in blue Memento three times on a white card base.  I tore a piece of scrap paper and using progressively darker shades of distress ink, I sponged in some blue snow-covered hills working from the top down.  Before moving to the next line of hills, I would sponge the next darkest ink along the rip line.  I also moved the ripped page so that the hills would have different peaks and valleys.

Stamps: Christmas Tree and sentiment from Christmas Cheer
(Rogue Redhead Designs)

Finally, I picked an image with trees in the backgournd.  This is Barkley and his cat chum extending wishes for a festive holiday.

Stamps: image and sentiment from Festive Fun
from  Barkley (Rogue Redhead Designs)

Hope you have fun with this prompt!  Please play along and add your creations to the linky below over the next month!  You can also play along in our Rogue Stampers FaceBook group.  Our March prompt will post on March 15th.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...