Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Autumn Ambiance

Fall is finally upon us. The 50 degree evenings are waking me up to the reality of the situation. Of course, there is so much to love about Autumn - sweater weather (important for the gingers of the world - summer is not our thing), fabulous foliage (especially when you live in the quintessential New England town) and all-things apple! My favorite part of Autumn though is the fantastic color palette that nature serves up with such vigor!


I decided to use all these wonderful warm Fall colors for my card today!I've got dusky yellows, punchy oranges, and rich browns.

For the grid square background, I stamped Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw and Wild Honey distress ink on a craft sheet, misted the sheet and then dragged a piece of glossy cardstock through the resulting ink puddle.  I also added a few splashes and smudges of Dried Marigold distress ink.  I finished by overstamping my Sequin Waste background with Spiced Marmalade.  I waited until everything dried and punched out 9 squares with my 1" punch.

Clarisse is colored with copic markers with some Scattered Straw distress ink painted around her with an waterbrush.

Stamps: Clarisse from Nature Notes; Sequin Waste from Behind the Scenes

If you are feeling like celebrating the harvest season, check out our Nature Notes unmounted half plate!  This collection can be used for any sweater weather season - Autumn or Spring!


For the month of September, Nature Notes has been paired with our Relish Reading plate in our Vintage Duo bundle for the awesome price of $30.00US (reg. $37.00US)!

- Shar Briss

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful autumnal colours and layers Shar. The weather here in the UK is turning much cooler, but we have had some lovely warm afternoons this week.
    Happy Sunday.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks tons, Brenda! The leaves are just turning now.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...